PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: List of All Ottawa Skateparks
Pages: 1

: post reply: post new topic

Author: douche_baggins
Subject: List of All Ottawa Skateparks
Date: 06/09/08 10:03 pm

Pretty self-explanatory. Try to be as specific for the location as possible, maybe even rate the park, or explain what's there. Also, try to list only the parks you've been to, and what costs were associated.

NUMBER THEM SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE POSTED FIRST (please).

1) (free/outdoor) Parc Gilbert Garneau --- Rue Pointe Gatineau, Gatineau - 1/10

This place is bunk and shouldn't really be classified as a skate park. It's basically two ashphalt circles with banks on two sides (nothing that you can make a line on), with a small 1' kicker ramp, a bump ramp thing, and a small quarter pipe. Sooo bad...but the ramps are in good condition with smooth transitions.

2) (free/outdoor) Parc de la Colline --- Boulevard Labrosse, Gatineau - 3/10

Another bunk park in Gatineau, this one has a little more to offer. Basically, you've got two low rails on one side, with a pyramid w/rail, and concrete block with metal edges. A quarter pipe there has the worst transition unless you rock big wheels. I'm useless here.

3) (free/outdoor) Orleans Skatepark, Youville drive off Jean D'arc, Orleans --- 7/10

I like this park a lot, but it definitely has a temporary park feel to it. Everything is in great condition, with smooth transitions, for pros or people that suck to get better. There's 6 quarter pipes (one with transition possibilities), several ride in ramps of different height/skill, a mini-ramp, a concrete pyramid with grind box, a maconite pyramid with a railing on one side, several benches, a wall-ride barrier, grind box, and concrete double curb thing.

"Don't tell me what you believe. Show me what you've done, and I'll tell you what you believe." Randall B. Lindsey

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: selfinflicted
Subject:
Date: 06/09/08 10:42 pm

There's also Legacy beside baseline station. and this little dinky skate park off conroy in south keys.... there use to be a few in the south but i think they closed. i don't really skate that much so i won't bother commenting on everything.

Last edited by selfinflicted on 06/11/08 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: curtis-pd
Subject:
Date: 06/09/08 11:15 pm

theres the gloucester skate park. it has like a bank, a big a small quarter, a pyramid, a four or five set, a manual pad and a small ledge or soapbox or w/e, older park, all concrete so some of the ledges are a bit rounded.. and on the banks and ledges theres like a metalo thing and its kinda lame when you roll up.. its loacated right near the wave pool, gloucester high school, the bmx park all that jazz..

i remember going to come park near like blackburn i think? it was right near a rink and basketball court and park and shit, it was just like the gloucester park but i dunno how to explain where it is cuz i only went there once while ago. it was kinda near greens creek i think.. and then theres that other park where theres like a park in a bowl. same think i only went there once and it was whack, theres also uplands(near the airport) a bunch of small metal ramps... i duinno if its still up tho..

**also if anybody has or know of anyone with mini ramps, and is down for a session.. lemme know..

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: curtis-pd
Subject:
Date: 06/09/08 11:18 pm

also mcnabb is open now, its prety sick this year, its at the mcnabb arena on percy/gladstone. check it out, its only three bucks a session. and yeah.. its sick, and they fixed the kinks in the mini ramp so yeah!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: MF.SIMON.
Subject:
Date: 06/11/08 5:37 pm

4) (5$ (or 100$ to rent)/indoor) ) En Equilibre --- 140 Boulevard Greber, Gatineau QC - 8/10

This indoor park is pretty sweet. You can check it out here --> http://enequilibre.com/blog/pages/park.html

And you can check out the EQ team skating it up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBl0wFaOqw

I forgot to say that you need pads and a helmet. You can rent them for a minimum amount of cash, or you can bring your own.

Last edited by MF.SIMON. on 06/11/08 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: jc
Subject: ..
Date: 06/11/08 7:50 pm

good zep in that montage.

you have to hand it to french skaters.

so passionate about making it happen.

rad.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: moxie
Subject:
Date: 06/11/08 9:19 pm

I made a panorama of Legacy last weekend. I have a high-res version if anyone wants to take a closer look.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: 33.3revolutions
Subject:
Date: 06/12/08 6:12 pm

How busy is Legacy?

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Squelchbox
Subject:
Date: 06/12/08 7:26 pm

On Deack on Bently has a tiny indoor setup. I haven't been there in years though.
www.youtube.com/squelchbox - 100,000+ Video Views, 1000+ Subscribers!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/squelchbox/

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject: ....
Date: 06/12/08 8:08 pm

33.3revolutions wrote:
How busy is Legacy?

nuts on sunny days in the summer
after 12pm

you will have the whole park to yourself at 9am on sunny days.

if there was a dew the night before?

becareful in the bowls you will eat shit in shaded areas and where there is "art".

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 06/12/08 9:43 pm

Okay...I did some research. The quick list is as follows:

Ottawa

East

1-Orleans (Jean D'arc)
2-Trillium Park
3-Blackburn Park

Central

4-McNabb
5-On Deck

West

6-Walter Baker Park
7-Bridlewood Core Park
8-Constance Bay Com. Centre
9-The Zone (Stittsville)

South

10-Greensboro Skatepark
11-Osgoode Mobile
12-Legacy

New France

Aylmer

13-Parc Kenneth Lloyd

Hull

14-Parc du Ruisseau
15-Parc Des Hautes-Plaines

Gatineau

16-Parc Gilbert Garneau (shite)
17-Parc Rene Levesque
18-Parc Monpetit
19-Parc St. Gerard
20-EQ Indoor

Buckingham

21-Parc Beauchampville

Holy Shit! And I'm probably missing some?!? I know what I'm doing with my two months off this year.

"Don't tell me what you believe. Show me what you've done, and I'll tell you what you believe." Randall B. Lindsey

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: moxie
Subject:
Date: 06/12/08 9:58 pm

There used to be an indoor skatepark on Industrial Drive that kicked ass. It was all wooden ramps. A couple bowls, some big medium and small half pipes... Lots of rails... I think it was $5 to get in, something like that. I believe it was called Skate City but I could be just making that up. I don't think it's there anymore.

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 06/14/08 11:40 pm

moxie wrote:
I made a panorama of Legacy last weekend. I have a high-res version if anyone wants to take a closer look.

Tonight I skated three parks in Hull. The first, Ruisseau, sucked; Hautes Plaines was alright, but lacking still. The one on St-Raymond was basically the same as Hautes Plaines. Last night I verified that there is no Monpetit skatepark and there's no park at Rene Levesque either. So disapointing.

So I'm guessing that Jean D'arc and Legacy are my only half-pipe/mini-ramp options? Damn they're far.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: K-fed
Subject:
Date: 06/15/08 3:45 pm

moxie wrote:
There used to be an indoor skatepark on Industrial Drive that kicked ass. It was all wooden ramps. A couple bowls, some big medium and small half pipes... Lots of rails... I think it was $5 to get in, something like that. I believe it was called Skate City but I could be just making that up. I don't think it's there anymore.

thats closed down after they had to leave the building. it re opened again near st.laurent but it closed down cause i think they ran out of money. i think some of their ramps are at mcnabb.

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject: ...
Date: 06/15/08 9:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmmOMdIs84A

dudes tried so hard to make it fly.

its a pity.

[ Reply with quote ]

: post reply: post new topic

Pages: 1